Abbreviations used in this paper:EoE (eosinophilic esophagitis), EREFS (EoE Endoscopic Reference Score)
- Epidemiology and natural history of eosinophilic esophagitis.Gastroenterology. 2018; 154: 319-322
- Endoscopic assessment of the oesophageal features of eosinophilic oesophagitis: validation of a novel classification and grading system.Gut. 2013; 62: 489-495
- Evaluating the endoscopic reference score for eosinophilic esophagitis: moderate to substantial intra- and interobserver reliability.Endoscopy. 2014; 46: 1049-1055
- Accuracy of the eosinophilic esophagitis endoscopic reference score in diagnosis and determining response to treatment.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 14: 31-39
- Eosinophilic esophagitis reference score accurately identifies disease activity and treatment effects in children.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 16: 1056-1063
- Oesophageal narrowing is common and frequently under-appreciated at endoscopy in patients with oesophageal eosinophilia.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2014; 40: 1333-1340
- Contribution of esophagram to the evaluation of complicated pediatric eosinophilic esophagitis.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2015; 61: 541-546
- Distal esophagus is the most commonly involved site for strictures in patients with eosinophilic esophagitis.Dis Esophagus. 2020; 33 (doz088(2). Epub 2019/11/30)
- Distribution and variability of esophageal eosinophilia in patients undergoing upper endoscopy.Mod Pathol. 2015; 28: 383-390
- Histopathologic variability and endoscopic correlates in adults with eosinophilic esophagitis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2006; 64: 313-319
Conflicts of interest The author discloses the following: research funding from Adare/Ellodi, Allakos, Arena, AstraZeneca, GSK, Meritage, Miraca, Nutricia, Celgene/Receptos/BMS, Regeneron, and Shire/Takeda; consulting fees from Abbott, AbbVie, Adare/Ellodi, Aimmune, Allakos, Amgen, Arena, AstraZeneca, Avir, Biorasi, Calypso, Celgene/Receptos/BMS, Celldex, Eli Lilly, EsoCap, GSK, Gossamer Bio, Holoclara, Landos, Morphic, Nutricia, Parexel/Calyx, Regeneron, Revolo, Robarts/Alimentiv, Salix, Sanofi, and Shire/Takeda; and educational grants from Allakos, Banner, and Holoclara.
Funding This manuscript was supported in part by National Institutes of Health R01 DK101856.