Background & Aims
Abbreviations used in this paper:ACE2 (angiotensin-converting enzyme 2), COVID-19 (corona virus disease 2019), CT (computed tomography), RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction), SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2), WHO (World Health Organization)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clinical characteristics of 2019 novel coronavirus infection in China.medRxiv. 2020; (2020.02.06.20020974)
- Transmission of 2019-nCoV infection from an asymptomatic contact in Germany.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 970-971
- First case of 2019 novel coronavirus in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 929-936
- nCo VNIRST. 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, Australia: epidemiology report 1 (reporting week 26 January - 1 February 2020).Commun Dis Intell (2018). 2020; : 44
- WHO main website.(Available at:)https://www.who.intDate accessed: April 10, 2020
- Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China.Lancet. 2020; 395: 497-506
- Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study.Lancet. 2020; 395: 507-513
- Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus–infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China.JAMA. 2020; 323: 1061-1069
- Epidemiological and clinical features of the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak in China.medRxiv. 2020; (2020.02.10.20021675)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) technical guidance: laboratory testing for 2019-nCoV in humans.(Available at:)https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/laboratory-guidanceDate accessed: February 19, 2020
- A pneumonia outbreak associated with a new coronavirus of probable bat origin.Nature. 2020; 579: 270-273
- A new coronavirus associated with human respiratory disease in China.Nature. 2020; 579: 265-269
- Multiple organ infection and the pathogenesis of SARS.J Exp Med. 2005; 202: 415-424
- The novel coronavirus 2019 (2019-nCoV) uses the SARS-coronavirus receptor ACE2 and the cellular protease TMPRSS2 for entry into target cells.bioRxiv. 2020; (2020.01.31.929042)
- Single-cell RNA expression profiling of ACE2, the putative receptor of Wuhan 2019-nCov.bioRxiv. 2020; (2020.01.26.919985)
- The digestive system is a potential route of 2019-nCov infection: a bioinformatics analysis based on single-cell transcriptomes.bioRxiv. 2020; (2020.01.30.927806)
- Replication of human noroviruses in stem cell–derived human enteroids.Science. 2016; 353: 1387-1393
- Role of sialic acids in feline enteric coronavirus infections.J Gen Virol. 2014; 95: 1911-1918
- Effectiveness of Lactobacillus helveticus and Lactobacillus rhamnosus for the management of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea in healthy adults: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Br J Nutr. 2016; 116: 94-103
- Protection of the human gut microbiome from antibiotics.J Infect Dis. 2018; 217: 628-636
- Maternal antibiotic treatment impacts development of the neonatal intestinal microbiome and antiviral immunity.J Immunol. 2016; 196: 3768-3779
- Contributions of the intestinal microbiome in lung immunity.Eur J Immunol. 2018; 48: 39-49
Conflicts of interest The authors disclose no conflicts.
Funding Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 81973990; No. 81900096; No. 81770090) and by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, HUST COVID-19 Rapid Response Call (No. 2020kfyXGYJ030).