Abbreviation used in this paper:PPI (proton pump inhibitor)
- Endoscopy unit efficiency: quality redefined.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 11: 1046-1049
- Vital signs: colorectal cancer screening test use—United States, 2012.MMWR Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2013; 62: 881-888
- Choosing Wisely and the perceived drivers of endoscopy use.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 11: 753-755
- The framing of decisions and the psychology of choice.Science. 1981; 211: 453-458
- Asymmetric paternalism to improve health behaviors.JAMA. 2007; 298: 2415-2417
- American Gastroenterological Association medical position statement on the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease.Gastroenterology. 2008; 135: 1383-1391
- Proton pump inhibitor prescriptions and subsequent use in US veterans diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease.J Gen Intern Med. 2013; 28: 930-937
- Impact of a prescription copayment increase on lipid-lowering medication adherence in veterans.Circulation. 2009; 119: 390-397
- Effect of cost sharing on screening mammography in Medicare health plans.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 375-383
FAQs about Affordable Care Act Implementation Part XII, Feb 2013. Available at: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq-aca12.html. Accessed January 15, 2014.
- Surveillance in Barrett's esophagus: lessons from behavioral economics.Gastroenterology. 2009; 137: 763-765
- Consensus statements for management of Barrett's dysplasia and early-stage esophageal adenocarcinoma, based on a Delphi process.Gastroenterology. 2012; 143: 336-346
Conflicts of interest This author discloses the following: David Asch is a principal at VALHealth. The remaining author discloses no conflicts.